(To Join Reston Runners or Renew Membership, click HERE )
Joining Reston Runners
Whether you’re renewing your membership or signing up for the first time, we welcome you to the club. We can help meet a variety of objectives which may include specific running goals, getting into shape, or having company on your runs and walks. This page contains information about the club, which we hope you’ll find interesting and informative, even if you’ve been a member for many years.
Reston Runners has members of all ages and athletic skill levels who share the enjoyment of running, walking, and staying fit. We are an affiliate of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) and a chartered 501(c)(3) organization.
Our primary activities are our group Run/Walks. We also have run/walk activities on holidays and special occasions throughout the year. Our training programs are popular for members as participants and volunteers. Reston Runners love to socialize! You can join us every weekend for breakfast after the runs or at our parties held during the year. More information is provided below. We encourage you to regularly check our web page at Reston Runners where you’ll find information about our regular running/walking schedule and other activities and events.
Membership and Governance Information
Reston Runners is an independent 501(c)(3) organization governed by a nine-member board of directors, elected annually by the members. Because we are a member organization of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), all members of Reston Runners are also members of RRCA. For more information see RRCA .Reston Runners memberships run one year from the date you join or renew. Our annual dues are $35 per person. Our board members are elected by the membership each year. Board members terms are from the conclusion of the annual meeting in February to the following year’s annual meeting. Current Board members can be seen HERE.
Our club’s by-laws are available HERE. In addition, there are some guidelines that we ask members to follow.
- Please don’t use bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates, or in-line skates during a run/walk.
- Except for our biannual bring-your-pet event, please leave your pets at home.
- We know that some folks like to listen to music while they run but we encourage conversation.
- Although we love children, we cannot take responsibility for those who are not old enough to take care of themselves if they were to get lost or have something happen.
- Above all, be courteous and respect other members and club equipment and supplies. As an organization of members of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, this will ensure that our Club provides a great experience for everyone. Our club, as a member of the RRCA, expects members to follow the RRCA code of conduct guidelines.
- When joining our club and participating in our events, you agree to the liability waiver that is included in our membership registration process.
Club Policy on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In keeping with the policies of our parent RRCA, we welcome members “without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, physical condition, or age." Our club’s policy on diversity, equity, and inclusion, as adopted by the Board in July 2020, states that:
Reston Runners stands against racism, discrimination, and injustice. Our commitment is to be an inclusive community of runners and walkers. We encourage members of all skill levels striving for wellness and fitness, and include people of all races, religions, national origins, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, physical abilities, and ages. We only realize our goals as a community of runners and walkers when all feel welcome and valued.
Non-Members & Guests
Non-members and guests are welcome at Reston Runners runs, walks, and activities, but Reston Runners, its officers, and members assume no liability in conjunction with their participation. By taking part, agreement with the following liability waiver applies.