Hunters Woods Village Center
Colts Neck Rd. just North of Glade Dr.
10 Mile Run
- Start by running toward the north end of the parking lot (toward Fellowship House), picking up the downhill path to the Hunter Woods trail system.
- Follow the trail to the left and under Colts Neck Rd. and Reston Parkway.
- At the Pinecrest Recreation Center, leave the path and turn left on Pinecrest Rd.
- Turn right on Glade Drive (next intersection) Follow Glade to "T" intersection, turning left onto Sunrise Valley Drive.
- Left on Fairfax County Parkway (the next intersection) [Hot weather water stop may be located here].
- Continue on Fairfax County Parkway (south) crossing Fox Mill Rd and continuing another 1/4 mile or so to the sound-wall-sheltered neighborhood cul de sac.
- Make a wide "U" turn by running around the circle in the cul de sac and retrace your steps back to the intersection with Sunrise Valley Drive, passing the water stop.
- Continue north on the Fairfax County Parkway, crossing the ramps to and from the Dulles Toll Road and Sunset Hills Road, passing under the W&OD Trail to the next right onto the ramp that leads up to the W&OD Trail.
- Turn left (east) onto the W&OD Trail, passing under Reston Parkway and crossing Old Reston Avenue [Cold weather water stop may be located here], to the Trail's intersection with Wiehle Avenue [Hot weather water stop may be located here]
- Turn right on Wiehle Ave crossing Sunset Hills Road and the Dulles Toll Road
- Right on Sunrise Valley Drive.
- Left on Soaptone Drive, crossing South Lakes Drive, to Glade Drive
- Right on Glade Drive.
- Right into the service road leading to the gasoline station at HWVC. Note, the service road is located just before the intersection Glade Drive with Colts Nect Road.
- Continue straight ahead to the finish/start area at the HWVC parking Lot.
Notes: Your comments on the course are most welcome. Click the link to open an email box: Courses Manager